Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Building God's house


My Testimony

I never did share this with anyone before but 4 months ago my church started its building fund project called "Arise & build!"

This was the 1st time in my life to pledge for a church building fund! I remember the 1st time I pledge and it was to build a chinese school in China. That time I pledged a faithful amount of RM500 <----hey not bad for a 1st time pledger right?

Anyway, this time I was really challenged!. I prayed and prayed really really hard for God to speak to me an amount to give. I didnt have faith to give that much because I had many many bills to pay! I have car installment...housing loan...credit card payment and various other bills to pay and its not easy just to come out with a figure to give to God! Its always a struggle to give what you can afford and giving with faith.

One day as I was praying, God impressed on my heart an amount to give. It was an amount that was faith stretching. I knew it was an impossible amount to give because I definately do not have that amount in my bank account ( I had zero savings as I emptied it to purchase my house). So I did some calculations on my income vs my expenses. After punching out the figures. I knew for sure it was virtually impossible for me to fulfill that amount! I know cause I calculated more than 10 times and it still shows the same results! How many of you know that numbers do not lie? hahahaa

Anyway, it was the sunday where we had to submit our pledge amount. As Pastor was challenging us to give, suddently God impressed another figure in my heart. And it was more than the first time when I prayed! I quickly wrote that amount on the pledge card because if I waited any longer. God would probably asked me to give even more! hhahahha

So as I put in the pledge card into the offering box with Faith! and lots of fear in my heart....fear because I do not know if I could ever fulfill the amount!

I pledged a total of RM5250 and it was 10.5 times more than what I pledged the 1st time for the china school!

Anyway,we had 4 months to fulfill our pledge! I thank God for his provision during that time. God had blessed me through ways that I could never imagined..

Just before the 1st month of pledging , I managed to rent out the house that I just bought! I was supprised on how fast I could get a tenant as I did not even put out an advertisement! Somehow a real estate agent contacted me from no where and asked me if I wanted to rent out my unit! Wow! just like that!
And not only that, God gave me a Christian tenant too! Praise the Lord!

So that helped a lot on my monthly installment for my housing loan and I could use that amount to put into the building fund!

God didn't just stop there! Begining this year, I got offered a job in SHELL. And guess what? My total salary package was 30% more of what I was earning and on top of that many other great benefits.

I thank God because He has made what was thought to be impossible ....possible! As I fulfilled my pledge, and thinking back about it...I can't help but be in awe on how God has blessed me! Friends, I hope you are encouraged as I have been and truly…if you build God His house…He will build your house! AMEN!


Now I can't wait for the next pledging season! GULP!<--- I can't believe I just said that! hhahaha. Ohh well! One thing I know is that you can never out give God! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

DelvC said...

AMEN!!
More will come ..and keep coming!!